Skip to main content

3 Nov 24 - planning my outfit for the gender clinic

I have some more time by myself so have put on the skirt and top again. 

I had been planning to go shopping on Thursday when traveling up, to get a blouse to wear with this pencil skirt. I didn’t get to go to the shops as I got held up in traffic. Also, I had forgotten to pack my female shoes so would have been a bit awkward to go out wearing women’s clothing but male shoes. 

Anyway, I’m happy with how this white top looks with the skirt and I don’t think I need to get anything more formal. At least not for now as it isn’t like I will be going to the office in this outfit any time soon. 

If I did, I’m going to have to either lose a fair bit of weight around my waist or get this skirt in a 14. The only thing is, over my hips and bottom, the 12 is perfect. 

I think I would wear this outfit to the gender clinic if I go to the appointment presenting as a woman. I don’t know what the etiquette is and whether it’s expected to go in the desired gender or if that is trying too hard. Maybe the best thing would be to go to the first appointment as a male and depending on how that goes, as a female to the second. 

The first appointment is only two weeks away now. I just checked back to the emails and they said the pre appointment questionnaires will be sent out 9 days in advance, so that should be next weekend sometime. 

I do still have mixed feelings about the whole thing. I’m fearful about transitioning and the impact that will have on my life. Cancelling the appointment would prevent that from happening. If they tell me I’m not really trans that would too. If I go to the appointment and they tell me that I am trans and transitioning is a path open to me, then I have to make a decision about if or when I begin. However, I also really want to transition! As I sit here wearing an empty first bra I wish I was experiencing female puberty and my breasts would start to grow into the cups. In the pictures I took yesterday, I do look quite female, but seeing other trans women who are on hormones, their faces have changed and taken a more feminine shape. If I can take hormones for a long period, my face should begin to change and feminise too and then I would really start to look like a woman. I really want that. And the breast development and hips and a rounder bottom. 

So although I’m fearful about doing it, I do absolutely know that I want to transition and that assuming I am allowed to begin, that I will. Looking at myself dressed like this and how I’m feeling, it almost feels like it would be a real shame not to transition as it is so clearly who I really am. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

27 May 26 - does my brain actually have a “girl mode”?

As I keep reflecting on my night out as Nicola last week there are a lot of questions and ideas that are swirling around in my head.  One is, whether my brain has a “girl mode”, because I felt so different and behaved in ways that were unfamiliar to me.  The really distinct difference in how I felt this time was that I didn’t feel like I was a man in a dress at all, I just felt like me. I remember thinking that this is what it is like to be “inhabiting womanhood”. Evidently I have ridiculously pretentious notions after a few drinks, but it was what I was feeling. This is what it is like to actually be a woman. Less pretentious.  An odd thing, but one which does make me wonder if my brain has some kind of “switch”, is that I looked at women differently. I am exclusively attracted to women and I am attracted to boobs and bums as much as the next man (cringe at associating with being a man). I know it is impolite to stare at a woman’s chest, and I make a conscious effort no...

21 May 2026 - a night out

Having a night on my own in London, I wanted to go out presenting female and get some more “real life experience”.  I had drinks and dinner with some colleagues early evening and to be honest had already had too much wine before I went out later by myself. This probably helped my confidence, although not my coordination with nail polish and mascara, which were a bit slapdash to say the least.  I remember last year getting in a lift in the hotel in a dress ready to go out, and being self conscious of people staring at me. This time, didn’t give it a thought. Likewise going into the underground and being on the train with other people. I didn’t notice if anyone looked at me and nor did I care. I was just me being me and wearing a skirt didn’t feel like a Thing, I wasn’t conscious of my clothes at all.  Similarly walking through a busy Soho to the bar, I just felt like I normally do walking around town.  Got to She Soho. Amazingly the bouncer asked me for ID. I’m 51...

31 Dec 25 - reflecting on the past year

I could see 2025 as a failure.  After all, I started the year with the intention to begin my transition. I still haven’t started.  I made initial contact with the endocrinologist clinic about feminising hormone therapy, but then didn’t progress that at all as soon as I encountered the blood test hurdle.  Here at the beginning of 2026, I am no closer to living as a woman than I was at the beginning of 2025. I have not come out to anyone, I don’t have a hormone prescription, my body is still male, my presentation is still full time male, everyone still knows me only as my male name.  Has the longing to be a woman gone away because I haven’t done anything about it? No. Obviously.  Although I have not begun transitioning, I have achieved a couple of things this year.  One is that I survived my wife catching me out and finding a pair of knickers that I had forgotten to hide. It was awful, and she was terribly upset, but I got through it and that is somethi...