Skip to main content

18 May 24 - hair and makeup

Being away on a work conference gave me the opportunity to play with my hair and makeup a bit to try out how I look. 

Conclusion can only be, that I love it! 

My hair since it was trimmed and layered earlier in the week is soft and feminine and frames my face nicely. 

I don’t really have any makeup skills, but foundation makes such a difference to how my skin looks and how I feel about my face, and even subtle lipstick and mascara adds a feminising touch that I think helps me be readable as female at a glance (if not with any greater scrutiny!) 

I’m not very good at taking selfies but I managed to take two that I really loved. My smile is natural and I look happy. 

I love the way my hair is on my face and has that little flick towards the corner of my mouth, it feels really feminine. The lower neckline of that top is surprisingly feminising too, it’s funny how little cues like that say “girl” so much. 

The second picture, where I’m looking down at the camera is fun. I’m laughing because I noticed my boobs (well, padded bra) were in shot and I caught that moment in the photo. 


Am I quite brave enough to post the photos on here? Not quite, although I wish I could.  But once these things are online, you lose control of where they could end up.  

There’s no denying that there is happiness in these pictures. I look and feel girly, and I really do, I’m not seeing a “man in a dress” here, I’m seeing a girl, and oh my, I love it! ❤️ 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

27 May 26 - does my brain actually have a “girl mode”?

As I keep reflecting on my night out as Nicola last week there are a lot of questions and ideas that are swirling around in my head.  One is, whether my brain has a “girl mode”, because I felt so different and behaved in ways that were unfamiliar to me.  The really distinct difference in how I felt this time was that I didn’t feel like I was a man in a dress at all, I just felt like me. I remember thinking that this is what it is like to be “inhabiting womanhood”. Evidently I have ridiculously pretentious notions after a few drinks, but it was what I was feeling. This is what it is like to actually be a woman. Less pretentious.  An odd thing, but one which does make me wonder if my brain has some kind of “switch”, is that I looked at women differently. I am exclusively attracted to women and I am attracted to boobs and bums as much as the next man (cringe at associating with being a man). I know it is impolite to stare at a woman’s chest, and I make a conscious effort no...

21 May 2026 - a night out

Having a night on my own in London, I wanted to go out presenting female and get some more “real life experience”.  I had drinks and dinner with some colleagues early evening and to be honest had already had too much wine before I went out later by myself. This probably helped my confidence, although not my coordination with nail polish and mascara, which were a bit slapdash to say the least.  I remember last year getting in a lift in the hotel in a dress ready to go out, and being self conscious of people staring at me. This time, didn’t give it a thought. Likewise going into the underground and being on the train with other people. I didn’t notice if anyone looked at me and nor did I care. I was just me being me and wearing a skirt didn’t feel like a Thing, I wasn’t conscious of my clothes at all.  Similarly walking through a busy Soho to the bar, I just felt like I normally do walking around town.  Got to She Soho. Amazingly the bouncer asked me for ID. I’m 51...

31 Dec 25 - reflecting on the past year

I could see 2025 as a failure.  After all, I started the year with the intention to begin my transition. I still haven’t started.  I made initial contact with the endocrinologist clinic about feminising hormone therapy, but then didn’t progress that at all as soon as I encountered the blood test hurdle.  Here at the beginning of 2026, I am no closer to living as a woman than I was at the beginning of 2025. I have not come out to anyone, I don’t have a hormone prescription, my body is still male, my presentation is still full time male, everyone still knows me only as my male name.  Has the longing to be a woman gone away because I haven’t done anything about it? No. Obviously.  Although I have not begun transitioning, I have achieved a couple of things this year.  One is that I survived my wife catching me out and finding a pair of knickers that I had forgotten to hide. It was awful, and she was terribly upset, but I got through it and that is somethi...