Skip to main content

9th March - now what?

Having come to some sort of conclusion, or perhaps a better word would be resignation, that my transitioning to Nicola is impossible, what do I do now?

I have given up on what little that I was doing, and that much is simple.  I can hide my female clothing away and let my body hair grow back (which it already is with annoying rapidity!).  

That changes something, but doesn't change who or what I am.  I am still trans and still a woman, whether I pursue that openly or hide it away.  This is a permanent feature of me and isn't going to change.  

Giving up on transitioning (at least for the time being) will not make that go away, and at some point, this might become a problem.  Best case scenario is some level of regret in the future.  Worst case, I don't know.  

My other concern is a lack of dreams.  

I am very much a person who exists today on the basis that the future will be better, or different at least.  I don't really live in the present I suppose, more in the future, which is essentially living on dreams.  

For a very long time, the dream I've lived on has been the Nicola dream.  All of my future-thoughts have been linked to this, how I will transition, what my life will be like, and everything that goes with that.  If I am giving up on that, then these dreams disappear.  

There is no "man dream". 

I don't have a vision of the future where man-me is doing anything.  

Current man-me isn't happy and doesn't know what "he" wants nor how to live and be happy.  I don't have any kind of dream or vision of what a future could be that would be a happy version of me as a man.  

As someone who needs a vision of the future to get through the present, pulling that rug from under myself leaves me feeling a bit lost. 

If not Nicola, then what?  Who am I?  What am I going to do?  

What is the point?  

I don't mean that last one in a despairing "what is the point of carrying on" kind of way, more that I need a goal to pursue, that sort of "point" of life.  

All I can think of at the moment is some sort of work-related goal, as that is objective and work is probably where man-me most "exists" (not that he does exist, because I'm a trans woman).  

As for personal life, or anything that might bring happiness, there I really am at a loss.  

I need a new dream I suppose, I just don't know what it is yet.        

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

27 May 26 - does my brain actually have a “girl mode”?

As I keep reflecting on my night out as Nicola last week there are a lot of questions and ideas that are swirling around in my head.  One is, whether my brain has a “girl mode”, because I felt so different and behaved in ways that were unfamiliar to me.  The really distinct difference in how I felt this time was that I didn’t feel like I was a man in a dress at all, I just felt like me. I remember thinking that this is what it is like to be “inhabiting womanhood”. Evidently I have ridiculously pretentious notions after a few drinks, but it was what I was feeling. This is what it is like to actually be a woman. Less pretentious.  An odd thing, but one which does make me wonder if my brain has some kind of “switch”, is that I looked at women differently. I am exclusively attracted to women and I am attracted to boobs and bums as much as the next man (cringe at associating with being a man). I know it is impolite to stare at a woman’s chest, and I make a conscious effort no...

21 May 2026 - a night out

Having a night on my own in London, I wanted to go out presenting female and get some more “real life experience”.  I had drinks and dinner with some colleagues early evening and to be honest had already had too much wine before I went out later by myself. This probably helped my confidence, although not my coordination with nail polish and mascara, which were a bit slapdash to say the least.  I remember last year getting in a lift in the hotel in a dress ready to go out, and being self conscious of people staring at me. This time, didn’t give it a thought. Likewise going into the underground and being on the train with other people. I didn’t notice if anyone looked at me and nor did I care. I was just me being me and wearing a skirt didn’t feel like a Thing, I wasn’t conscious of my clothes at all.  Similarly walking through a busy Soho to the bar, I just felt like I normally do walking around town.  Got to She Soho. Amazingly the bouncer asked me for ID. I’m 51...

31 Dec 25 - reflecting on the past year

I could see 2025 as a failure.  After all, I started the year with the intention to begin my transition. I still haven’t started.  I made initial contact with the endocrinologist clinic about feminising hormone therapy, but then didn’t progress that at all as soon as I encountered the blood test hurdle.  Here at the beginning of 2026, I am no closer to living as a woman than I was at the beginning of 2025. I have not come out to anyone, I don’t have a hormone prescription, my body is still male, my presentation is still full time male, everyone still knows me only as my male name.  Has the longing to be a woman gone away because I haven’t done anything about it? No. Obviously.  Although I have not begun transitioning, I have achieved a couple of things this year.  One is that I survived my wife catching me out and finding a pair of knickers that I had forgotten to hide. It was awful, and she was terribly upset, but I got through it and that is somethi...