Skip to main content

27th February - conversation with a colleague, but not THAT conversation

In the office today and a white shirt is not conducive to hiding a pink bra top under, so after two full days of feeling that feminine sensation all the time, I'm back to not.  

One of my colleagues wanted to talk about her future and the team and stuff, so we went out for coffee together to talk for a couple of hours which was really good.  We have worked closely together for a few years now, so there is trust and we are pretty good friends.  This is good, but it does have the slight drawback that she can tell if I'm not feeling very positive and when I'm down.  

Our conversation was quite future-focused and on my role and maybe alternatives.  We did touch on what we might do if we weren't doing this, and then she asked me what I really wanted to do and what I wish for from my future and how I can be happy.  

And I really wanted to tell her!

It was actually harder to stop myself from coming out, than I think it would be to have done so.  

This is, I would guess, a good sign that I am feeling in a good place and ready to take some next steps.  

I'm confident that she would be supportive and probably not even surprised, so it wasn't that which stopped me.  

I just feel that I have to be fair to my wife, and that means that she needs to be the person I come out to first, and it would be unfair to start going around telling other people before I've spoken to her.  

So I know what I need to do, and I think the day is getting closer when I am going to be able to.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

27 May 26 - does my brain actually have a “girl mode”?

As I keep reflecting on my night out as Nicola last week there are a lot of questions and ideas that are swirling around in my head.  One is, whether my brain has a “girl mode”, because I felt so different and behaved in ways that were unfamiliar to me.  The really distinct difference in how I felt this time was that I didn’t feel like I was a man in a dress at all, I just felt like me. I remember thinking that this is what it is like to be “inhabiting womanhood”. Evidently I have ridiculously pretentious notions after a few drinks, but it was what I was feeling. This is what it is like to actually be a woman. Less pretentious.  An odd thing, but one which does make me wonder if my brain has some kind of “switch”, is that I looked at women differently. I am exclusively attracted to women and I am attracted to boobs and bums as much as the next man (cringe at associating with being a man). I know it is impolite to stare at a woman’s chest, and I make a conscious effort no...

21 May 2026 - a night out

Having a night on my own in London, I wanted to go out presenting female and get some more “real life experience”.  I had drinks and dinner with some colleagues early evening and to be honest had already had too much wine before I went out later by myself. This probably helped my confidence, although not my coordination with nail polish and mascara, which were a bit slapdash to say the least.  I remember last year getting in a lift in the hotel in a dress ready to go out, and being self conscious of people staring at me. This time, didn’t give it a thought. Likewise going into the underground and being on the train with other people. I didn’t notice if anyone looked at me and nor did I care. I was just me being me and wearing a skirt didn’t feel like a Thing, I wasn’t conscious of my clothes at all.  Similarly walking through a busy Soho to the bar, I just felt like I normally do walking around town.  Got to She Soho. Amazingly the bouncer asked me for ID. I’m 51...

31 Dec 25 - reflecting on the past year

I could see 2025 as a failure.  After all, I started the year with the intention to begin my transition. I still haven’t started.  I made initial contact with the endocrinologist clinic about feminising hormone therapy, but then didn’t progress that at all as soon as I encountered the blood test hurdle.  Here at the beginning of 2026, I am no closer to living as a woman than I was at the beginning of 2025. I have not come out to anyone, I don’t have a hormone prescription, my body is still male, my presentation is still full time male, everyone still knows me only as my male name.  Has the longing to be a woman gone away because I haven’t done anything about it? No. Obviously.  Although I have not begun transitioning, I have achieved a couple of things this year.  One is that I survived my wife catching me out and finding a pair of knickers that I had forgotten to hide. It was awful, and she was terribly upset, but I got through it and that is somethi...