Skip to main content

1 February - realistic goals for this month

Thanks to those who sent me encouraging messages after yesterday's post.  I may not have achieved everything that I hoped for in January, but I have made some steps, and those are cause for celebration, so thank you for reminding me of that.  

In retrospect, my original plan was a bit ambitious.  I was hoping to get a lot done in a short space of time! 

I think therefore in February, I should try to be a bit more measured and just aim to make progress on one or two key things.  

In my original plan, I would be starting the hormones this month, dressing female full time at home and coming out to my parents and sibling.  I'm not in a position to be doing any of that yet.  

In fact, I'm not able to do anything until I do the one big thing, tell my wife.  So really that has to be my goal for this month.  If I am able to progress in any other way, then I can view that as a bonus, but there is no point setting myself a target to do anything more, until I have done that.  

I did try and get an opening watching TV this evening.  There is an advertisement where the voiceover begins "what would you dream of if you could dream any dream?" or something to that effect.  The answer, apparently, is to go on a cruise although that isn't my dream.  So I commented on the ad and said to my wife "what would you do if you could dream any dream?". Naturally, after she suggests something, she would say "how about you?".  No.  She just shrugged and ignored the question.  Granted, it was a lame opening, but clearly I am going to need something better!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

27 May 26 - does my brain actually have a “girl mode”?

As I keep reflecting on my night out as Nicola last week there are a lot of questions and ideas that are swirling around in my head.  One is, whether my brain has a “girl mode”, because I felt so different and behaved in ways that were unfamiliar to me.  The really distinct difference in how I felt this time was that I didn’t feel like I was a man in a dress at all, I just felt like me. I remember thinking that this is what it is like to be “inhabiting womanhood”. Evidently I have ridiculously pretentious notions after a few drinks, but it was what I was feeling. This is what it is like to actually be a woman. Less pretentious.  An odd thing, but one which does make me wonder if my brain has some kind of “switch”, is that I looked at women differently. I am exclusively attracted to women and I am attracted to boobs and bums as much as the next man (cringe at associating with being a man). I know it is impolite to stare at a woman’s chest, and I make a conscious effort no...

21 May 2026 - a night out

Having a night on my own in London, I wanted to go out presenting female and get some more “real life experience”.  I had drinks and dinner with some colleagues early evening and to be honest had already had too much wine before I went out later by myself. This probably helped my confidence, although not my coordination with nail polish and mascara, which were a bit slapdash to say the least.  I remember last year getting in a lift in the hotel in a dress ready to go out, and being self conscious of people staring at me. This time, didn’t give it a thought. Likewise going into the underground and being on the train with other people. I didn’t notice if anyone looked at me and nor did I care. I was just me being me and wearing a skirt didn’t feel like a Thing, I wasn’t conscious of my clothes at all.  Similarly walking through a busy Soho to the bar, I just felt like I normally do walking around town.  Got to She Soho. Amazingly the bouncer asked me for ID. I’m 51...

31 Dec 25 - reflecting on the past year

I could see 2025 as a failure.  After all, I started the year with the intention to begin my transition. I still haven’t started.  I made initial contact with the endocrinologist clinic about feminising hormone therapy, but then didn’t progress that at all as soon as I encountered the blood test hurdle.  Here at the beginning of 2026, I am no closer to living as a woman than I was at the beginning of 2025. I have not come out to anyone, I don’t have a hormone prescription, my body is still male, my presentation is still full time male, everyone still knows me only as my male name.  Has the longing to be a woman gone away because I haven’t done anything about it? No. Obviously.  Although I have not begun transitioning, I have achieved a couple of things this year.  One is that I survived my wife catching me out and finding a pair of knickers that I had forgotten to hide. It was awful, and she was terribly upset, but I got through it and that is somethi...