Skip to main content

30 December - more on my 2023 plan and progress

Continuing on from yesterday’s post where I shared the first part of my 2023 transition plans, I have taken a couple of small steps today. 

Firstly, I have removed a lot of my body hair using removal cream on my shoulders and back, as much as I could reach anyway, and shaving my chest and stomach. It’s far from perfect, but has made a difference and my body looks less masculine by not being hairy. After all, there’s nothing very feminine about chest hair poking out of a bra, so it is a source of dysphoria that I have now removed, albeit temporarily. This is not the first time I have done so, and I know it grows back quite quickly, which is a pain, but from what I’ve read about hormone treatment, after six months of testosterone blockers and oestrogen, body hair should go away. I certainly hope so, otherwise it will need a lot of maintenance. 

Also today, I have worn female underwear all day under my male clothes and have sat to pee every time. This is a trivial thing really, and a bit of an inconvenience to be honest, but it is one small thing that I can do now to start being a woman and not a man, so each time I do so, it’s a small affirmation that I am being a woman now. 

Another very small step, but part of my journey, I bought women’s deodorant when I was shopping today so that my underarms can smell girly rather than manly. Again, trivial and unimportant in the grand scheme of things, but a little change to my routine in a female direction. 

Whilst in the shop, I did consider also purchasing a pack of five women’s underwear. I currently have seven pairs of knickers, two of which I have worn this week. Therefore, if I am going with my plan and replacing all my boxers with knickers from 1 January, I will need a load more as I will be running out of clean underwear by Thursday. Something held me back though. It felt like a wrong thing to do, to make a purchase to enact a plan, which I still have yet to broach with my wife. It sort of feels like if I talk to her and then have my stock of new underwear already, like I’ve presented her with a fait accompli rather than a discussion. On the other hand, I am avoiding having that conversation, so maybe I should do something that is going to force me to start talking, perhaps by ordering online for delivery in a couple of days so I will be forced to explain myself. 

The other thing I can now do, having registered with the service, is make contact with my medical practice to arrange the pre prescription blood test to be able to start hormones. Again, this feels like something that should be done after talking to my wife, as otherwise it looks like I am going ahead regardless and telling her afterwards. However, it might also be a way of forcing me to have the conversation, since having to explain myself when I get a call from the doctor would make me do something. 

So obviously, the one thing I have not done, is talked to my wife, and I really don’t know where to begin. I want to do this though, so I need to find a way to have the conversation tomorrow. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

27 May 26 - does my brain actually have a “girl mode”?

As I keep reflecting on my night out as Nicola last week there are a lot of questions and ideas that are swirling around in my head.  One is, whether my brain has a “girl mode”, because I felt so different and behaved in ways that were unfamiliar to me.  The really distinct difference in how I felt this time was that I didn’t feel like I was a man in a dress at all, I just felt like me. I remember thinking that this is what it is like to be “inhabiting womanhood”. Evidently I have ridiculously pretentious notions after a few drinks, but it was what I was feeling. This is what it is like to actually be a woman. Less pretentious.  An odd thing, but one which does make me wonder if my brain has some kind of “switch”, is that I looked at women differently. I am exclusively attracted to women and I am attracted to boobs and bums as much as the next man (cringe at associating with being a man). I know it is impolite to stare at a woman’s chest, and I make a conscious effort no...

21 May 2026 - a night out

Having a night on my own in London, I wanted to go out presenting female and get some more “real life experience”.  I had drinks and dinner with some colleagues early evening and to be honest had already had too much wine before I went out later by myself. This probably helped my confidence, although not my coordination with nail polish and mascara, which were a bit slapdash to say the least.  I remember last year getting in a lift in the hotel in a dress ready to go out, and being self conscious of people staring at me. This time, didn’t give it a thought. Likewise going into the underground and being on the train with other people. I didn’t notice if anyone looked at me and nor did I care. I was just me being me and wearing a skirt didn’t feel like a Thing, I wasn’t conscious of my clothes at all.  Similarly walking through a busy Soho to the bar, I just felt like I normally do walking around town.  Got to She Soho. Amazingly the bouncer asked me for ID. I’m 51...

31 Dec 25 - reflecting on the past year

I could see 2025 as a failure.  After all, I started the year with the intention to begin my transition. I still haven’t started.  I made initial contact with the endocrinologist clinic about feminising hormone therapy, but then didn’t progress that at all as soon as I encountered the blood test hurdle.  Here at the beginning of 2026, I am no closer to living as a woman than I was at the beginning of 2025. I have not come out to anyone, I don’t have a hormone prescription, my body is still male, my presentation is still full time male, everyone still knows me only as my male name.  Has the longing to be a woman gone away because I haven’t done anything about it? No. Obviously.  Although I have not begun transitioning, I have achieved a couple of things this year.  One is that I survived my wife catching me out and finding a pair of knickers that I had forgotten to hide. It was awful, and she was terribly upset, but I got through it and that is somethi...