Skip to main content

Sleeping in my bra

So why am I going to sleep wearing my bra?
Actually, it’s not so much about the going to sleep wearing it, it is more about the waking up. Which is why I choose a padded bra for overnight.

Dreams come true?

It is my greatest dream to be a girl. 
Imagine if I could go to bed as a man, make a wish, and wake up as a woman. 
Just thinking about that makes me smile. 
So what does that have to do with sleeping in a padded bra?

It’s that moment when you are just waking up and are not fully awake. Just for a moment, it is like my dream has come true. I’m aware of the shape, maybe my arm brushes the padded cups when I turn over and it’s as if I have woken up with breasts. Open my eyes and look down and there they are.

Except then I wake up properly and they aren’t. The cups are empty and because they’re very padded with a gel filling, there’s no sense of touch through them either and I very quickly remember I’m not an actual girl and it was just a dream.

On the plus side, overnight is the longest time I’ve ever worn a bra and it is really comfortable. The chest band isn’t tight and moves gently with my breathing, the shoulder straps have not cut in and the underwire hasn’t dug in either. Perfect fit! It goes to show that going for a bra fitting and getting properly measured for a bra that fits is worth it. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

27 May 26 - does my brain actually have a “girl mode”?

As I keep reflecting on my night out as Nicola last week there are a lot of questions and ideas that are swirling around in my head.  One is, whether my brain has a “girl mode”, because I felt so different and behaved in ways that were unfamiliar to me.  The really distinct difference in how I felt this time was that I didn’t feel like I was a man in a dress at all, I just felt like me. I remember thinking that this is what it is like to be “inhabiting womanhood”. Evidently I have ridiculously pretentious notions after a few drinks, but it was what I was feeling. This is what it is like to actually be a woman. Less pretentious.  An odd thing, but one which does make me wonder if my brain has some kind of “switch”, is that I looked at women differently. I am exclusively attracted to women and I am attracted to boobs and bums as much as the next man (cringe at associating with being a man). I know it is impolite to stare at a woman’s chest, and I make a conscious effort no...

21 May 2026 - a night out

Having a night on my own in London, I wanted to go out presenting female and get some more “real life experience”.  I had drinks and dinner with some colleagues early evening and to be honest had already had too much wine before I went out later by myself. This probably helped my confidence, although not my coordination with nail polish and mascara, which were a bit slapdash to say the least.  I remember last year getting in a lift in the hotel in a dress ready to go out, and being self conscious of people staring at me. This time, didn’t give it a thought. Likewise going into the underground and being on the train with other people. I didn’t notice if anyone looked at me and nor did I care. I was just me being me and wearing a skirt didn’t feel like a Thing, I wasn’t conscious of my clothes at all.  Similarly walking through a busy Soho to the bar, I just felt like I normally do walking around town.  Got to She Soho. Amazingly the bouncer asked me for ID. I’m 51...

31 Dec 25 - reflecting on the past year

I could see 2025 as a failure.  After all, I started the year with the intention to begin my transition. I still haven’t started.  I made initial contact with the endocrinologist clinic about feminising hormone therapy, but then didn’t progress that at all as soon as I encountered the blood test hurdle.  Here at the beginning of 2026, I am no closer to living as a woman than I was at the beginning of 2025. I have not come out to anyone, I don’t have a hormone prescription, my body is still male, my presentation is still full time male, everyone still knows me only as my male name.  Has the longing to be a woman gone away because I haven’t done anything about it? No. Obviously.  Although I have not begun transitioning, I have achieved a couple of things this year.  One is that I survived my wife catching me out and finding a pair of knickers that I had forgotten to hide. It was awful, and she was terribly upset, but I got through it and that is somethi...