Skip to main content

15 Sep 24 - reply from the gender clinic

Now the weather is colder I’m able to wear a crop top under my clothes as well as weekend knickers. It’s nice and I feel feminine having both on 

My new knickers that I got this week are really pretty, pink and cream with floral designs and a little bow at the centre of the front. I do love a bit of girliness. I don’t know if this is just me, or if cis women feel this too, but I feel different if I am wearing white or cream underwear versus wearing black. This makes little sense as they’re hidden from view, but I am aware of a different feeling.  Bit difficult to ask cis women I know whether they feel the same, as it’s an odd question to ask and somewhat beyond the boundaries of most friendships. 


I had a reply from the gender clinic to my question about bringing my wife to the appointments. They said that they encourage bringing a supportive other, but for some parts of the session may ask them to step out. I think it would be really helpful for my wife to come and hear everything first hand. If I report back to her what happens, she may be less accepting than if she hears it for herself from someone else.  It will mean saying things in front of her that she might not like though, so will not be without its difficulties.  Overall though I think the benefits will outweigh the challenges.  I will however have to have the conversation about the appointments and invite her.  

Part of me still thinks that I should cancel the appointment and stop now.  Another part of me wants reassignment surgery to be booked on the same day! How’s that for cognitive dissonance? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

27 May 26 - does my brain actually have a “girl mode”?

As I keep reflecting on my night out as Nicola last week there are a lot of questions and ideas that are swirling around in my head.  One is, whether my brain has a “girl mode”, because I felt so different and behaved in ways that were unfamiliar to me.  The really distinct difference in how I felt this time was that I didn’t feel like I was a man in a dress at all, I just felt like me. I remember thinking that this is what it is like to be “inhabiting womanhood”. Evidently I have ridiculously pretentious notions after a few drinks, but it was what I was feeling. This is what it is like to actually be a woman. Less pretentious.  An odd thing, but one which does make me wonder if my brain has some kind of “switch”, is that I looked at women differently. I am exclusively attracted to women and I am attracted to boobs and bums as much as the next man (cringe at associating with being a man). I know it is impolite to stare at a woman’s chest, and I make a conscious effort no...

21 May 2026 - a night out

Having a night on my own in London, I wanted to go out presenting female and get some more “real life experience”.  I had drinks and dinner with some colleagues early evening and to be honest had already had too much wine before I went out later by myself. This probably helped my confidence, although not my coordination with nail polish and mascara, which were a bit slapdash to say the least.  I remember last year getting in a lift in the hotel in a dress ready to go out, and being self conscious of people staring at me. This time, didn’t give it a thought. Likewise going into the underground and being on the train with other people. I didn’t notice if anyone looked at me and nor did I care. I was just me being me and wearing a skirt didn’t feel like a Thing, I wasn’t conscious of my clothes at all.  Similarly walking through a busy Soho to the bar, I just felt like I normally do walking around town.  Got to She Soho. Amazingly the bouncer asked me for ID. I’m 51...

31 Dec 25 - reflecting on the past year

I could see 2025 as a failure.  After all, I started the year with the intention to begin my transition. I still haven’t started.  I made initial contact with the endocrinologist clinic about feminising hormone therapy, but then didn’t progress that at all as soon as I encountered the blood test hurdle.  Here at the beginning of 2026, I am no closer to living as a woman than I was at the beginning of 2025. I have not come out to anyone, I don’t have a hormone prescription, my body is still male, my presentation is still full time male, everyone still knows me only as my male name.  Has the longing to be a woman gone away because I haven’t done anything about it? No. Obviously.  Although I have not begun transitioning, I have achieved a couple of things this year.  One is that I survived my wife catching me out and finding a pair of knickers that I had forgotten to hide. It was awful, and she was terribly upset, but I got through it and that is somethi...