Skip to main content

17 Mar 2024 - difficulties are wearing me down and I’m losing hope that I can ever transition

It has been another stressful and pretty unhappy week at work and that is starting to wear me down. Lately I spend every Saturday struggling with a headache and needing an afternoon nap and that was the case yesterday.  Problem is, that with all that going on, I can’t see how to make anything else better. 

It isn’t as though I have lots of positive things to fall back on either. I have basically no life and get no support from anyone and have nothing to look forward to.  

I’ve been watching a few romantic dramas on tv lately and they’ve been really good but the longing to have touch and intimacy is painful, as of course is the longing to be the girl. 

So it is odd that the opportunity to go to the Mall and shop en femme on Friday didn’t feel like something I wanted to do.  I think maybe my lack of hopefulness means I don’t have anything to override the fear of it going badly so the fear wins. It also feels a bit pointless. I’ve done it before so there’s no new experience to be had. Why buy clothes I will never get to wear if I can’t transition, it’s just a waste.  

I now seem to be in a difficult place where I don’t see how I can be Nicola, but I don’t see any happiness in Mark’s life either. I suppose I could take that as telling me there is nothing to lose from trying because if I am going to be miserable whatever, then might as well take the chance because even if I do lose everything that Mark has, I am already unhappy with that so losing it is maybe even a good thing or at least not something to be so fearful of.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

27 May 26 - does my brain actually have a “girl mode”?

As I keep reflecting on my night out as Nicola last week there are a lot of questions and ideas that are swirling around in my head.  One is, whether my brain has a “girl mode”, because I felt so different and behaved in ways that were unfamiliar to me.  The really distinct difference in how I felt this time was that I didn’t feel like I was a man in a dress at all, I just felt like me. I remember thinking that this is what it is like to be “inhabiting womanhood”. Evidently I have ridiculously pretentious notions after a few drinks, but it was what I was feeling. This is what it is like to actually be a woman. Less pretentious.  An odd thing, but one which does make me wonder if my brain has some kind of “switch”, is that I looked at women differently. I am exclusively attracted to women and I am attracted to boobs and bums as much as the next man (cringe at associating with being a man). I know it is impolite to stare at a woman’s chest, and I make a conscious effort no...

21 May 2026 - a night out

Having a night on my own in London, I wanted to go out presenting female and get some more “real life experience”.  I had drinks and dinner with some colleagues early evening and to be honest had already had too much wine before I went out later by myself. This probably helped my confidence, although not my coordination with nail polish and mascara, which were a bit slapdash to say the least.  I remember last year getting in a lift in the hotel in a dress ready to go out, and being self conscious of people staring at me. This time, didn’t give it a thought. Likewise going into the underground and being on the train with other people. I didn’t notice if anyone looked at me and nor did I care. I was just me being me and wearing a skirt didn’t feel like a Thing, I wasn’t conscious of my clothes at all.  Similarly walking through a busy Soho to the bar, I just felt like I normally do walking around town.  Got to She Soho. Amazingly the bouncer asked me for ID. I’m 51...

31 Dec 25 - reflecting on the past year

I could see 2025 as a failure.  After all, I started the year with the intention to begin my transition. I still haven’t started.  I made initial contact with the endocrinologist clinic about feminising hormone therapy, but then didn’t progress that at all as soon as I encountered the blood test hurdle.  Here at the beginning of 2026, I am no closer to living as a woman than I was at the beginning of 2025. I have not come out to anyone, I don’t have a hormone prescription, my body is still male, my presentation is still full time male, everyone still knows me only as my male name.  Has the longing to be a woman gone away because I haven’t done anything about it? No. Obviously.  Although I have not begun transitioning, I have achieved a couple of things this year.  One is that I survived my wife catching me out and finding a pair of knickers that I had forgotten to hide. It was awful, and she was terribly upset, but I got through it and that is somethi...