Skip to main content

14 Apr 2024 - frustrated at my own weakness and inability to come out

I am so weak and cowardly that I’m annoying myself now 

Friday and Saturday both passed with nothing said, even though there were a couple of openings in conversation that could have been used. 

I have taken some small risks but she doesn’t notice at. Wearing a dressing gown on a weekend morning before I shower reveals my shaven legs. Never noticed. I can wear a crop top under male tops with impunity and I have found that with a jumper over, a lightly padded bra also goes unnoticed.  Female deodorant likewise. Even subtle makeup is seemingly invisible.  I wonder how far I would have to go for her to start to ask questions.  

One thing that is clear is that I could easily start hormones and begin physical changes without telling her and I could get away with that for a long time. It feels disrespectful to not discuss with her what I’m doing though, but if I persist in failing to say what I need to say, then I have it as an option I suppose.  

Maybe the answer isn’t to sit here berating myself for my weakness and dreaming up ways of avoiding what I need to do. It is also definitely not to talk about it with the discord group and seek their sympathy, that doesn’t help at all. Maybe what I should do is to try to plan what to say.  

Truth is though, that there is no perfect form of words that is going to make it alright. Her reaction will be more or less the same regardless. It isn’t like saying it one way will cause rage, one will cause upset but the perfect phrasing will lead to immediate acceptance.  So there is not much point in trying to find the magic words. It is just finding a way to say what I need to say.  

So what is it that I need to communicate?

I wish I was a woman. 

I wish I could be a woman. 

I wish I could change my life and live as a woman. 

I’m transgender and want to transition to live as a woman. 

I wish I was a woman, I always have, ever since I was about eleven. I have repressed it all my life, but the truth is, I am transgender and always have been.

Definitely not four. Maybe five.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

27 May 26 - does my brain actually have a “girl mode”?

As I keep reflecting on my night out as Nicola last week there are a lot of questions and ideas that are swirling around in my head.  One is, whether my brain has a “girl mode”, because I felt so different and behaved in ways that were unfamiliar to me.  The really distinct difference in how I felt this time was that I didn’t feel like I was a man in a dress at all, I just felt like me. I remember thinking that this is what it is like to be “inhabiting womanhood”. Evidently I have ridiculously pretentious notions after a few drinks, but it was what I was feeling. This is what it is like to actually be a woman. Less pretentious.  An odd thing, but one which does make me wonder if my brain has some kind of “switch”, is that I looked at women differently. I am exclusively attracted to women and I am attracted to boobs and bums as much as the next man (cringe at associating with being a man). I know it is impolite to stare at a woman’s chest, and I make a conscious effort no...

21 May 2026 - a night out

Having a night on my own in London, I wanted to go out presenting female and get some more “real life experience”.  I had drinks and dinner with some colleagues early evening and to be honest had already had too much wine before I went out later by myself. This probably helped my confidence, although not my coordination with nail polish and mascara, which were a bit slapdash to say the least.  I remember last year getting in a lift in the hotel in a dress ready to go out, and being self conscious of people staring at me. This time, didn’t give it a thought. Likewise going into the underground and being on the train with other people. I didn’t notice if anyone looked at me and nor did I care. I was just me being me and wearing a skirt didn’t feel like a Thing, I wasn’t conscious of my clothes at all.  Similarly walking through a busy Soho to the bar, I just felt like I normally do walking around town.  Got to She Soho. Amazingly the bouncer asked me for ID. I’m 51...

31 Dec 25 - reflecting on the past year

I could see 2025 as a failure.  After all, I started the year with the intention to begin my transition. I still haven’t started.  I made initial contact with the endocrinologist clinic about feminising hormone therapy, but then didn’t progress that at all as soon as I encountered the blood test hurdle.  Here at the beginning of 2026, I am no closer to living as a woman than I was at the beginning of 2025. I have not come out to anyone, I don’t have a hormone prescription, my body is still male, my presentation is still full time male, everyone still knows me only as my male name.  Has the longing to be a woman gone away because I haven’t done anything about it? No. Obviously.  Although I have not begun transitioning, I have achieved a couple of things this year.  One is that I survived my wife catching me out and finding a pair of knickers that I had forgotten to hide. It was awful, and she was terribly upset, but I got through it and that is somethi...