Skip to main content

14th March - I think I'm pretty much done

Not sure why, but I chose some female underwear today, having reverted to male for the past week.  

Maybe I thought it might re-ignite my trans feelings or desire to do something. 

Short answer: no.

I just didn't really feel anything.  Well, less comfortable, but that's not a positive.  

Whatever it was that I was feeling and which was driving me on to want to take steps and radically change my life has somehow gone.

I tried putting on a bra too and that didn't feel affirming either.  

What has happened to me?  

This is an interesting thing to ponder.  

Does it mean that I was never really trans at all, and having had a revelation that it is unlikely to make me happy (likely the contrary) has broken the spell?  Was I jut kidding myself all along?  Lying to myself?  Being selective with what I choose to believe (and write about) to fit a narrative?

I don't know.  Perhaps?

Not consciously of course, I haven't decided that I wanted to be trans and knowingly tried to construct the fiction.  

Although that doesn't mean that I haven't done that on some level.  

There must be some element of genuine transness though.  I first started wearing my mother's underwear and clothes when I was about 11, long before I even knew that there was such a thing as being trans.  

It isn't all a fiction then.  And certainly not a recent one, as it has been part of my life for over three decades.  But with it now feeling like I have got it all wrong, is that what it is?

Or maybe these are the wrong questions.  It doesn't matter where it came from, what it is (was) or where it has gone.  

What do I do now?  

If not this, then what?      

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

27 May 26 - does my brain actually have a “girl mode”?

As I keep reflecting on my night out as Nicola last week there are a lot of questions and ideas that are swirling around in my head.  One is, whether my brain has a “girl mode”, because I felt so different and behaved in ways that were unfamiliar to me.  The really distinct difference in how I felt this time was that I didn’t feel like I was a man in a dress at all, I just felt like me. I remember thinking that this is what it is like to be “inhabiting womanhood”. Evidently I have ridiculously pretentious notions after a few drinks, but it was what I was feeling. This is what it is like to actually be a woman. Less pretentious.  An odd thing, but one which does make me wonder if my brain has some kind of “switch”, is that I looked at women differently. I am exclusively attracted to women and I am attracted to boobs and bums as much as the next man (cringe at associating with being a man). I know it is impolite to stare at a woman’s chest, and I make a conscious effort no...

21 May 2026 - a night out

Having a night on my own in London, I wanted to go out presenting female and get some more “real life experience”.  I had drinks and dinner with some colleagues early evening and to be honest had already had too much wine before I went out later by myself. This probably helped my confidence, although not my coordination with nail polish and mascara, which were a bit slapdash to say the least.  I remember last year getting in a lift in the hotel in a dress ready to go out, and being self conscious of people staring at me. This time, didn’t give it a thought. Likewise going into the underground and being on the train with other people. I didn’t notice if anyone looked at me and nor did I care. I was just me being me and wearing a skirt didn’t feel like a Thing, I wasn’t conscious of my clothes at all.  Similarly walking through a busy Soho to the bar, I just felt like I normally do walking around town.  Got to She Soho. Amazingly the bouncer asked me for ID. I’m 51...

31 Dec 25 - reflecting on the past year

I could see 2025 as a failure.  After all, I started the year with the intention to begin my transition. I still haven’t started.  I made initial contact with the endocrinologist clinic about feminising hormone therapy, but then didn’t progress that at all as soon as I encountered the blood test hurdle.  Here at the beginning of 2026, I am no closer to living as a woman than I was at the beginning of 2025. I have not come out to anyone, I don’t have a hormone prescription, my body is still male, my presentation is still full time male, everyone still knows me only as my male name.  Has the longing to be a woman gone away because I haven’t done anything about it? No. Obviously.  Although I have not begun transitioning, I have achieved a couple of things this year.  One is that I survived my wife catching me out and finding a pair of knickers that I had forgotten to hide. It was awful, and she was terribly upset, but I got through it and that is somethi...