Skip to main content

9th February - for just a moment, I was a woman

Sorry for the oddly worded title, it is difficult to know how to convey this in a few words in a heading. 
I had this brief moment today when I forgot myself and my physical reality and truly felt I was a woman. That doesn’t really convey the feeling either. I don’t know how to put it. Maybe I could describe it as  that I imagined for a brief moment that I was on the other side of transition and was physically female. Imagined is still the wrong word. I believed that I was physically female. That’s closer to what I felt. It felt real and more importantly, it felt right. I felt right. 
I have mentioned far too often, to the point that I’m worried that it sounds like I have a fixation about it, which I don’t, honestly, that since the start of the year I have been wearing knickers every day and always sitting to pee. They’re the two little feminine changes that I have been able to make and maintain. 
The office I work in has no urinals just actual toilets, although some are designated as men’s and some as the women’s.  Because the men’s is one separate facility, it has been easy for me to do the sitting down thing in private without anyone knowing. But it does sort of feel to me that I am pretending in some sense. 
I was working late alone this evening and as there was no one else in the building I chose to try the women’s. I suppose it was the different surroundings but just for a second or two, I completely forgot that I have a male body and believed that I was physically female. 
I know that trans women using female toilets is a controversial issue so I’m a little hesitant to share this but I would reiterate that there was no one else in the building. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

27 May 26 - does my brain actually have a “girl mode”?

As I keep reflecting on my night out as Nicola last week there are a lot of questions and ideas that are swirling around in my head.  One is, whether my brain has a “girl mode”, because I felt so different and behaved in ways that were unfamiliar to me.  The really distinct difference in how I felt this time was that I didn’t feel like I was a man in a dress at all, I just felt like me. I remember thinking that this is what it is like to be “inhabiting womanhood”. Evidently I have ridiculously pretentious notions after a few drinks, but it was what I was feeling. This is what it is like to actually be a woman. Less pretentious.  An odd thing, but one which does make me wonder if my brain has some kind of “switch”, is that I looked at women differently. I am exclusively attracted to women and I am attracted to boobs and bums as much as the next man (cringe at associating with being a man). I know it is impolite to stare at a woman’s chest, and I make a conscious effort no...

21 May 2026 - a night out

Having a night on my own in London, I wanted to go out presenting female and get some more “real life experience”.  I had drinks and dinner with some colleagues early evening and to be honest had already had too much wine before I went out later by myself. This probably helped my confidence, although not my coordination with nail polish and mascara, which were a bit slapdash to say the least.  I remember last year getting in a lift in the hotel in a dress ready to go out, and being self conscious of people staring at me. This time, didn’t give it a thought. Likewise going into the underground and being on the train with other people. I didn’t notice if anyone looked at me and nor did I care. I was just me being me and wearing a skirt didn’t feel like a Thing, I wasn’t conscious of my clothes at all.  Similarly walking through a busy Soho to the bar, I just felt like I normally do walking around town.  Got to She Soho. Amazingly the bouncer asked me for ID. I’m 51...

31 Dec 25 - reflecting on the past year

I could see 2025 as a failure.  After all, I started the year with the intention to begin my transition. I still haven’t started.  I made initial contact with the endocrinologist clinic about feminising hormone therapy, but then didn’t progress that at all as soon as I encountered the blood test hurdle.  Here at the beginning of 2026, I am no closer to living as a woman than I was at the beginning of 2025. I have not come out to anyone, I don’t have a hormone prescription, my body is still male, my presentation is still full time male, everyone still knows me only as my male name.  Has the longing to be a woman gone away because I haven’t done anything about it? No. Obviously.  Although I have not begun transitioning, I have achieved a couple of things this year.  One is that I survived my wife catching me out and finding a pair of knickers that I had forgotten to hide. It was awful, and she was terribly upset, but I got through it and that is somethi...